Data & CRM Architect | Full Time (40hrs p/wk)
Solentim is an award-winning, internationally recognised Life Sciences company committed to transforming the discovery and development of new biologics, to get materials into the clinic faster and to drive better outcomes for patients. As the global leader in accelerating cell line development through intelligent automation, we create innovative practical solutions to speed up workflows in the drug discovery process.
As a result, we are positively contributing in the race to bring life-changing drugs to market within unprecedented timescales and supporting the development of new medicines in the fight against diseases, including cancer and Covid-19.
We love what we do and the important role we play, and due to our continued growth and expansion we are now looking for someone who will share our passion, creativity, and enthusiasm, to join our team.
This is an exciting role, offering the chance to help structure our processes and systems as we look to grow the business. Working with Salesforce and other internal systems such as ERP (NetSuite) and Document Control (Master Control). You will have the opportunity to work with all areas of the business and assist with improving processes and efficiencies.
The role will be predominantly remote, but flexibility to work at our Head Office in Dorset is necessary.
The Data & CRM Architect will perform a key role within the business, driving systems and data integrity and ensuring the business has quality systems to underpin working practices. Together with the Process Improvement Manager they will work collaboratively with all areas of the business to maximise effective data usage across all activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily administration, troubleshooting and technical support for the Salesforce database.
- Create reports and dashboards in Salesforce and support on financial reporting.
- Develop and implement solutions in Salesforce to optimise best working practice.
- Develop business critical Salesforce applications for key business processes. You will also develop integrations with company systems and 3rd party systems using REST and SOAP web service.
- Evaluating and installing new Salesforce releases, as well as providing training and support.
- Managing Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- Prepare data for imports and support with data manipulation following exports.
- Importing sales department leads, contacts, and other data.
- CPQ Development and configuration
- Train new and existing users on system functionality.
- Take ownership of data protection requirements, ensuring the processes are in-line with data regulations.
- Identify improvements in processes and advise on actions.
- Responsible for data quality and deduplication efforts across all platforms
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and document all requirements to prepare specifications and functionalities.
- Understand, evaluate, and document business processes, applications, and workflows and identify necessary changes; recommend solution improvements.
- Documentation of all system processes and training guides as needed.
- Provide data insights and analysis to support on marketing strategy.
- Assists with integration with other platforms.
- Assist with maintaining ERP systems
- General IT & System related tasks
Essential Skills & Behaviours:
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up on new business needs and technologies.
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills and interpersonal skills.
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and organise own workload efficiently to achieve tight deadlines and provide a responsive service.
- Ability to think creatively and apply knowledge in a practical, commercially-focused way.
- Able to work both independently and with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Strong self-awareness and the ability to exercise sound judgement in determining what needs to be escalated or flagged for Management action, and what falls within own remit and skill set.
- Friendly and approachable, with strong relationship-building skills.
- Diplomatic and discrete; able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately and in accordance with GDPR.
- Proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, and a solutions-focused approach.
- Comfortable working in a small but growing company environment and helping shape the direction, mechanisms and working practices for the future.
- Strong IT skills – highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent administration skills
Experience & Qualifications:
• Salesforce Administrator Certification - desirable
• Process Builder, Flows, Workflow Rules and Dataloader - essential
• Extensive experience with reports and dashboards in Salesforce - essential
• Understanding of HTML - essential
• Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment - essential
• Previous experience creating Process Flows (Visio or similar) - essential
• Knowledge of ERP systems - desirable
• Must have previous experience working within a similar role - essential
• Practical understanding of GDPR - essential
• Must have experience working in a commercial organisation, working closely with business functions and department managers – essential
• Experience working in a manufacturing business - desirable
£35K + depending on experience