Solentim are Recruiting | Field Applications Specialist Northern Europe (UK based, remote)
Solentim is the trusted global leader for solutions to create, isolate, and characterize the highest value cells for the development of new biological medicines, including cell and gene therapies, monoclonal antibodies, vaccines and stem cells. For our customers, which include most of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotherapeutics companies, we are the partner of choice for facilitating the highest level of assurance in cell line development for therapeutic protein and viral vector production.
Our customers develop cell and antibody based therapies for a wide range of conditions including lymphomas, cancers, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, high cholesterol and asthma.
Our portfolio of proven and innovative instruments (including VIPS™, Cell Metric®, Cell Metric® CLD, ICON™ and STUDIUS™) are designed for single cell cloning and assurance of monoclonality. Combined with enabling reagents and our unparalleled domain expertise, we transform the speed and efficiency of clonally-derived Master Cell Bank development. Our customers trust in our technology to ensure they are confidently prepared for regulatory review.
Solentim continues to define modern assurance driven workflows for cell based and antibody based biotherapeutics including stem cells, gene therapy and immunotherapy.
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
As part of our European growth plan, we are looking for a new Field Applications Specialist to help grow our existing business and develop new opportunities primarily in Northern Europe (UK, Benelux and Nordics)
While the role would ideally suit a candidate with already working as a Field Applications Specialist, candidates with the appropriate transferable skills and experience and who are currently working in mammalian cell line development companies would be considered.
Reporting to the Global Applications Manager and working with closely with our sales organisation, the candidate would also be involved in creating and establishing a unique Solentim Europe business identity.
- Plan and deliver sales demonstrations.
- Day-to-day applications support to existing customers, including training and technical support.
- Technical presentations to existing and potential customers.
- Attendance at exhibitions/conferences.
- Primarily support customers in all aspects of technical support in Northern Europe, as well as customers outside of territory when needed.
- Work with UK based product management and Biology teams on the development of new applications, sales and support material and demonstration strategies.
- Educated to degree level or above.
- Practical experience in mammalian cell line development
- Experience as a Field Application Scientist is advantageous
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills, combined with a pro-active, flexible and adaptive approach to work
- Highly organised with experience of using databases to maximum effect.
- MUST be in the UK, eligible to work and travel flexibly within territory and occasionally further afield
- MUST hold a valid, current driving licence for the territory