Solentim are Recruiting | Field Applications Specialist, US West Coast (Bay Area), Full-time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Solentim is a young and rapidly growing business in the cell line development field. To meet our commercial targets, we are looking for a new Field Applications Specialist who will help support our existing business and develop new opportunities, primarily in the west of the United States and Canada.
Candidates for this exciting opportunity are ideally based in or close to the Bay Area, and already working in the field of cell-line development, and have existing experience working in a commercial entity. Candidates from a laboratory background in the field of cell-line development and with a passion for customer support and Applications Specialists from other relevant disciplines are also welcomed to apply.
Reporting to the Global Applications Manager and working with our local business development managers, the candidate would also be involved in creating and establishing our unique Solentim business identity and driving forward our customer support.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver onsite and online sales demonstrations
- Day-to-day applications support to existing customers, including training and technical support
- Providing technical presentations to existing and potential customers
- Representing Solentim at exhibitions and conferences
- Acting as Solentim’s point of contact with customer in and across territories
- Collaborating with Product Management and Biology teams to develop marketing and internal training materials
- Contributing to Sales and Support strategies at a regional and global level
Experience & Background:
- Educated to MSc level or above.
- Practical experience in mammalian cell line development
- Experience within a technical support role is advantageous
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills, combined with a pro-active, flexible and adaptive approach to work
- Highly organised with experience of using databases to maximum effect.
- MUST be living, eligible to work and travel flexibly within territory and occasionally further afield
- MUST hold a valid, current driving licence
Closing date: 23rd July 2021
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Alex Watkins, Global Manager Applications Support, [email protected]