Solentim are Recruiting | Field Service Engineer, home-based, Cambridge Area, Full-Time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer’s Advanced Instruments and Solentim products, the Field Service Engineer will establish and maintain effective business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required. Frequent travel is required, sometimes at short notice.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Onsite and remote troubleshooting, installation, preventative maintenance, calibration and repairs on Advanced Instruments and Solentim products and controlling computers
- Complete and manage Pharmaceutical IQOQ/yearly OQ and Clinical Validations
- Complete field modifications or upgrades in certain timeframes
- Provide customer support via email, telephone, remote access and onsite
- Provide onsite user training as required
- Ordering and managing spare parts inventory
- Troubleshooting not only on a mechanical/electrical level but able to understand and troubleshoot on an applications level
- Self-management of workload to include scheduling own installations, PMs, repairs and other field events
- Keeping up-to-date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining service records and reports in a timely manner
- Document and report back on faults and fixes to the wider service team
- Maintain daily communications/scheduling with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated
- Identifying and working with Sales for opportunities such as new service contracts, contract renewals and system sales
- Working as a member of a larger team, but independently managing their territory to provide efficient service support to all customers within the UK
- Travelling within the UK and occasionally Europe or ROW to carry out installation and commissioning of life sciences equipment
- Assist with commissioning and preparing machines for shipping as required when office based
- Support other departments with technical engineering support as required
Experience & Background:
- Must have full, valid UK Driving Licence and access to own reliable vehicle to use for work purposes
- Must have valid passport with eligibility to travel without restriction throughout Europe.
- Must be able to travel frequently and at short notice
- Flexible with working time to occasionally support out of hours
- Must be able to lift up to 25kg
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Field Service Engineering role, ideally within a laboratory or medical setting.
- A qualification in Instrument Electronics or similar.
- Experience of resolving customer issues onsite, as well as working with customers remotely to diagnose and repair IT faults of various laboratory instrumentation and controlling computers.
- Excellent customer service skills via email and telephone; promptly following-up with accurately completed service documentation and internal reports and updates.
- The ability to covey information accurately, clearly and concisely in writing, demonstrating your technical understanding to produce knowledge articles.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills, with the ability to clearly explain and relay technical information and resolutions to others.
- Strong technical experience of electronics, soldering, calibration and testing equipment.
Closing date: 4th March 2022
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Chris Toy, International Service Manager, [email protected]