Solentim are Recruiting | Field Services Engineer East Coast
Company Information: About Solentim
Solentim is a Life Sciences company committed to transforming the discovery and development of new biologics, to get materials into the clinic faster and drive better outcomes for patients. As the global leader in accelerating cell line development through intelligent automation, we create practical solutions to speed up workflows (www.solentim.com)
Our customers develop new bio-therapeutics (such as monoclonal antibodies) used to treat a variety of diseases including cancer, auto-immune diseases, cardiovascular disease and many others. Their developmental approaches require the establishment and stable continual production of ‘cell lines’ of living mammalian cells that were originally derived from a single cell (‘Clonally derived’).
Our products are used in the cell line development workflow to isolate single cells, generate evidence that this has been successfully achieved and to subsequently monitor cell growth.
In order to help support our continued growth we are seeking a customer-focused and technically motivated Field Service Engineer, responsible for the installation, servicing and commissioning of life science equipment and customer training, onsite across various research establishments, laboratories, hospitals and healthcare centres.
This role will be home-based and will involve extensive travel across the USA (at least 50% of the time) and occasionally Canada and ROW.
- What you’ll need:
At least 3 years’ experience in a Field Service Engineering role, ideally within a laboratory or medical setting.
- Experience of resolving customer issues onsite, as well as working with customers remotely to diagnose and repair IT faults of various laboratory instrumentation and controlling computers.
- Excellent customer service skills via email and telephone; promptly following-up with accurately completed service documentation and internal reports and updates.
- The ability to convey information accurately, clearly and concisely in writing, demonstrating your technical understanding to produce knowledge articles.
- A qualification in Instrument Electronics or similar.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to clearly explain and relay technical information and resolutions to others.
- Strong technical experience of electronics, soldering, calibration and testing equipment.
- A flexible approach and strong team player, with the ability to work closely in a remote team spanning the USA, UK and ROW; willing to help out and support others.
- Ability to excel working independently from home, managing your own workload, customers and appointments, and used to the requirements of regular, sometimes short notice, travel and working away from home.
- A valid state-issued driver’s license and your own reliable vehicle.
- Have, or eligible to have and be willing to apply for, a passport.
- Due to the physical nature of the role, the ability to safely lift up to 50lbs.
- Already based on the East Coast, ideally within Massachusetts.
Home Based, competitive salary, + benefits, including generous paid vacation.
To apply, please send your resume, together with a covering letter stating why you’d be right for this role. Closing date: 28th August 2020.