Solentim are Recruiting | Gene Editing Scientist
Full-time, Dorset, £competitive
Solentim is seeking an enthusiastic experienced scientist with experience in gene editing and stem cell culture to join their growing R&D team. The individual will have the opportunity to develop the capability to gene edit iPSC cell lines in-house. This is an exciting position where you will be involved in designing and optimising the workflow using our instruments and software.
- Work independently to develop and optimise processes to carry out gene editing and associated projects in-house
- Analyse and interpret experimental data; identify and solve experimental problems
- Be confident in planning, organising, executing, troubleshooting, and delivering projects to a high standard and in accordance with project plans
- Prepare high quality data packages, clearly disseminating results to the relevant stakeholders
- Be an effective team member in supporting the R&D functions of the company
The successful individual must have the following:
- PhD, MSc or equivalent experience in biological sciences, with 2+yrs experience gained in an industry setting
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience of genome engineering techniques (CRISPR, siRNA, shRNA, AAV etc), preferably in human stem cells
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture especially culture and maintenance of induced pluripotent stem cells
- Practical experience and a good understanding of molecular biology techniques including DNA, RNA and protein extraction, electrophoresis, PCR, cloning etc
- Experience in use of DNA cloning and sequence manipulation software as well as the use of gRNA design tools
- Experience with characterisation of gene edited iPSC cell lines
- Ability to test and troubleshoot new assays and techniques
- Excellent record keeping skills with a good eye for detail
- Excellent team working and communication skills
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to join an exciting, rapidly growing, award-winning Company, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send us your CV, together with a covering letter setting out how you meet our requirements, your salary requirements, and your location.