Solentim are Recruiting | Global Field Application Manager, UK Remote / Solentim Limited Head Office (Wimborne, Dorset)
Solentim is the trusted global leader for solutions to create, isolate, and characterize the highest value cells for the development of new biological medicines, including cell and gene therapies, monoclonal antibodies, vaccines and stem cells. For our customers, which include most of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotherapeutics companies, we are the partner of choice for facilitating the highest level of assurance in cell line development for therapeutic proteins and viral vector production.
The Global Field Applications Scientist (FAS) Manager will lead a team of highly skilled and experienced Field Applications Scientists to deliver world class demonstrations, support and training for the entire Solentim product range.
As Manager, you will lead the FAS team by establishing, implementing and managing the pre- and post-sales applications processes associated with our current and future product lines.
You will also function as a liaison between the Global FAS team and R&D, Marketing, Product Management, Service Support, and Sales groups.
- Be a leader to the team, inspire coach and motivate your team to achieve excellence in how Solentim’s products are perceived by potential and existing customers
- Planning, management and scheduling of the FAS resources
- Within the company Strategy Deployment Process, be responsible for future growth and direction of the FAS team.
- Establishing Annual Priorities & Goals for your team and the business
- Evaluate employee performance and provide performance feedback on a regular basis. Take actions as appropriate. Complete annual performance reviews.
- Recruitment of new FAS, as required
- Visit customers to develop and maintain good relationships, monitor demonstration quality, customer satisfaction and
- Provide feedback to Research & Development, Marketing, Product Management on customer requirements for new applications or products as well as on success, limitations of the products.
- Foster a productive and collaborative relationship between Research & Development, Marketing, Product Management and Sales teams.
- BSc / MSc in a biological science or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of technical and commercial experience working with complex, high value instruments in life sciences, ideally in cell biology
- 3+ years of managerial and/or supervisory experience, preferably with a FAS team
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
- Concise communicator with the ability to get to the critical few requirements that will address customer needs
- Experience of customer support and use of CRM system, preferably SalesForce.
This position will be based in the UK with time in both home office and Solentim’s HQ in Wimborne. Travel will be up to 40% to the field with the FAS team, Sales and Service. Typical travel activities will be meetings with key customers, demonstrations, training, supporting and monitoring the performance of team members.