Solentim are Recruiting | Global Head of Service
Company Information: About Solentim
Solentim is a Life Sciences company committed to transforming the discovery and development of new biologics, to get materials into the clinic faster and to drive better outcomes for patients. As the global leader in accelerating cell line development through intelligent automation, we create practical solutions to speed up workflows.
For more information please visit www.solentim.com
|Job Title:||Global Head of Service|
|Work Location:||Solentim Limited Head office (Wimborne, Dorset)|
|Reports to:||Head of Global Sales & Support|
The Service Manager will be responsible for the management of the field service team and its customer focused operation. They will create and drive a superior customer-focused service strategy for both direct customers and distributors. They will successful manage the service operation as a profit centre, making a positive contribution to the financial success of the business.
This role will be an integral part of our management team and able to bring experience, knowledge and best practice to managing our Service Department as a profit centre. The candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership and client service skills and be a point of escalation for our engineers working across cultures and time zones.
The role will involve scheduling tasks and visits, both scheduled and unscheduled events, as well as client queries, and providing a standardized level of client service excellence.
They will preferably have experience with resolving problems within the life science or allied market sector
Infrequent travel required but an occasional necessity.
- Develop a clear customer-focussed service organisation and culture, instilling this within the service team and broader organisation.
- Create robust processes for effective service provision for our direct customers and distributor partners
- Ensure adherence to these processes so that they are delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Standardise the provision of our service offering to our customers.
- Oversee the effective commercial success of our service department, ensuring it delivers strong revenue and profit to the business.
- Motivate, manage and develop our team of field service engineers to deliver consistent levels of excellent service.
The role will require you to:
- Have the ability to manage a small team of Field service Engineers operating globally as a profit centre
- Have ownership and co-ordination for service through the global Distribution network
- Oversee the ticketing system to ensure optimal incident response times and timely escalation.
- Organise scheduling, with the Commercial Executive, based on experience and training requirements of engineers.
- Collate service data to measure department KPI’s and resolve blockages to agreed targets.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships and maximise customer's use of the products and services acting as an ambassador for Solentim as required.
- Liaising with the Head of Sales to pass on potential sales opportunities.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the Company’s products and services and current research to keep customers and potential customers informed and maintain the company’s profile
- Maintain data and provide accurate reports to deadlines.
- Analyse data to feed information back to the product research and development teams and collaborate on product improvements as the voice of the customer.
- Practical engineering input for equipment demonstrations and evaluation of new equipment lines, working alongside the Service/Contracts and Equipment Sales Managers
- Prepare and carry out training plan for service team.
- Ensure that all training is documented in training records and reviewed regularly
- Creating clear criteria regarding engineer standards.
- Experience of managing technical / problem solving teams and acting as an escalation point.
- Experience of effective communication skills
- Work calmly under pressure.
- High empathy for both the client and engineers working away from home.
- A “can do” approach.
- A naturally curious and inquisitive interest in our market area.
- Comfortable with analysing data and translating into clear messages to the business.
- Committed to continuous improvements and working collaboratively for results.
- Easy to be with and a readiness to show appreciation to others.
- An entrepreneurial outlook but recognising the importance of a disciplined approach in a drive for excellence and consistency.
- Good cultural awareness.
- Generally, motivate people to give their best results, praising them when things go well and appraising them of improvements which can and should be made.
- Smooth relationships when difficult circumstances prevail and develop a culture of trust both within and outside the team.
- Take decisions in a timely and appropriate manner whilst at the same time ensuring others follow similar principles.
- Be quite bold but diplomatic in introducing new processes that have proven ability to enhance the client experience and business effectiveness.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve results.
- Experience of support of life science instruments in a regulated environment e.g medical devices would be desirable.
- Ideally you will be educated with an HNC/HND/BSc in a life science discipline or an ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline.
- Intermediate to advanced level IT skills in MS Office and report writing in Word & Excel
- Previous management experience ideally including virtual team management.
- Full UK driving license.