Solentim are Recruiting | Global Product Leader, Wimborne, UK, Full-time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
The Global Product Leader is a key member of the Biopharma Business Team who is responsible for the company’s Cell Metric and ICON product lines. The individual will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional teams to develop and launch products and commercial strategies that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. The Global Product Leader is responsible for all business aspects of product line(s), including meeting top line growth and profitability targets. The incumbent is passionate about delivering products upon which customers can rely.
This is a highly collaborative role, with close partnership with sales, scientific applications, business development and R&D. The role requires extensive customer collaboration and workflow understanding to ensure the delivery of a customer centric product line roadmap.
In addition to having a strong understanding of cell line development landscapes; imaging technology and market dynamics, the Global Product Leader will have a deep understanding of cell line development technologies and customer workflow pain-points. He/She will have the be responsible for articulating the product line vision and roadmap to drive a compelling value proposition and long-term revenue growth.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic Planning (5-year horizon)
- Develop 5-year product/market growth strategies with functional partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed customer requirements and prioritized product line roadmap
- Build market model for portfolio and future revenue streams
- Market sizing, prioritization of segment & customer workflow focus
- Owns product line roadmap in collaboration with R&D
- In-depth VOC and customer research to drive compelling value proposition, uncover workflow pain points and deliver best-in-class product value
- Develops market focused value propositions
- Understands and communicates competitive landscape; responding to competitive opportunities and threats
- Annual Operating Plan (1-year horizon)
- Global product line projections & budget (units, revenue, product mix, ASP, GM)
- Identification 12-month revenue drivers & market focus
- Defines product pricing strategy and works with cross functional teams for implementation
- Drive product launches with cross functional team including marketing, R&D, sales, finance and executive team members
- Develops go to market strategies specific to target markets
- Supports the development & execution of the marketing plan in collaboration with the marketing team
- Supports commercial organization to deliver on revenue commitments
- Sales/Customer/Marketing support (short-term focus)
- Executes tactical and commercial initiatives to drive product line growth and profitability with sales & marketing
- Support and training of the sales organization “train the trainer”
- High-level customer engagement; strategic demo support
- Works with support groups to ensure that the front-line sales and support organizations
Experience & Background:
- Extensive experience in life sciences and upstream bioprocessing workflows; ideally experienced with imaging technologies
- Extensive product/sales/marketing management experience, ideally with a focus on bioprocessing, cell and gene therapy
- Outstanding interpersonal skills/ leadership skills. Able to lead and influence others – technical and commercially focused both - tenacious and driven to succeed
- Strong technical and business credibility with the organization and customers. Ability to present high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives, and non-scientists. Excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills.
- Familiarity with cGMP and regulatory drivers facing the manufacturer of biological drugs and cell therapies.
- Experienced presenting business opportunities and ROI to senior leadership and investment committees
- Proven business and financial planning necessary
- Track record in successful product launch; and long-term revenue growth
- BSc / MSc in biological sciences
- MBA (or equivalent) a plus
Attributes required for the Global Product Leader to be successful are that of customer focus, a collaborative style, innovative thought process, goal orientation with a personal sense of urgency. Ability to synthesize ambiguous and abstract information into content for presentations that will be used at the Senior Management and Board level. Strong presence and negotiation skills; capability to influence and promote enthusiasm through excellent communications skills with senior business and scientific leaders. Dynamic, self-motivated, highly creative and able to work independently with a proactive approach to take on challenging assignments. Comprehensive market and product research abilities. Active listening, impeccable communication, leadership skills and strong scientific acumen are a must. Should have a strong network of influence in the industry, preferably from bioprocessing and cell therapy environments
Closing date: 10th December 2021
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Sara Mackey, VP Corporate Strategy & Business Development, [email protected]