Solentim are Recruiting | HR Assistant, Part-time (15 hours), £24,000 p/a pro rata
Solentim is an award-winning, internationally recognised Life Sciences company committed to transforming the discovery and development of new biologics, to get materials into the clinic faster and to drive better outcomes for patients. As the global leader in accelerating cell line development through intelligent automation, we create innovative practical solutions to speed up workflows in the drug discovery process.
As a result, we are positively contributing in the race to bring life-changing drugs to market within unprecedented timescales and supporting the development of new medicines in the fight against diseases, including cancer and Covid-19.
We love what we do and the important role we play, and due to our continued growth and expansion we’re now looking for someone who will share our passion, creativity and enthusiasm, to join our busy HR Department.
This is an exciting role, offering the chance to help with the whole employee lifecycle, providing an effective, friendly and professional service to all areas of the business, and for the right person, the opportunity to grow and develop your HR career, gaining exposure to a wide range of HR initiatives and commercial activity, working closely across all business areas and at all levels of our global business.
You’ll be getting involved with all aspects of HR, from recruitment and induction, day-to-day enquiries and payroll preparation, to internal communications, engagement and training activities.
To succeed, you’ll need to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and organise own workload efficiently to achieve tight deadlines and provide a responsive HR service
- Strong IT skills – highly proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and apply knowledge in a practical, commercially-focused way
- Able to work both independently and with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as part of a small team
- Strong self-awareness and the ability to exercise sound judgement in determining what needs to be escalated or flagged for Management action, and what falls within own remit and skill set
- Excellent administration skills
- Friendly and approachable, with strong relationship-building and customer service skills
- Diplomatic and discrete; able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately and in accordance with GDPR
- Proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, and a solutions-focused, flexible approach
- Comfortable working in a small but growing company environment and helping shape the direction, mechanisms and working practices for the future
If you have previous experience working within a similar HR or HR Admin role within a commercial organisation, and have a solid basic and up-to-date knowledge of employment law and its practical application, then we’d love to hear from you. Especially if you also have experience preparing payroll, using social media for recruitment, and a level 3 CIPD qualification (or equivalent) – then that would be advantageous.
The successful candidate must be looking for a part-time role, and ideally able to work a consistent pattern of hours over the same three days per week, although a 5 day split of all mornings or afternoons could be considered.
To apply: please send your CV, together with a covering letter telling us what you’re looking for from the next step in your HR career and why you’d be perfect for the role. Please also clearly identify the days and times that you are available to work.
Closing Date: 15th January 2021