Solentim are Recruiting | Lab Technician (AI), Wimborne, UK, 37.5 hours p/wk
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Full-time lab-based role to support the Computational Biology team at Solentim. Mainly facilitating the production of new biologically based neural networks, by generating training data and validating new networks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing a wide range of cell culture maintenance tasks, including passaging and revivals.
- Gather data for use in the training and assessing of neural networks.
- Assisting the team with setting up and running experiments as directed.
- Analysing and reporting on data as part of the project validation process.
- Producing reports and presenting results as required.
Experience & Background:
- 1+ years working within a laboratory setting in a related capacity
- Experience of working with cell cultures
- ‘A’ Level/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Biology / Science related subject
- Interest in biologically focused Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding of lab processes, procedures and requirements; with the ability to work in a safe and organised manner in accordance with lab operating procedures.
- Continuously observant, high attention to detail, with the ability to notice abnormalities in information.
- Ability to work in a methodical and organised manner and keep detailed records of all worked carried out.
- Strong IT skills, including Excel and Word.
- High levels of self-organisation, with the ability to effectively manage and plan your own workload and use initiative to forward plan and prepare for upcoming activities.
- Ability to readily absorb sometimes complex bioinformatic concepts.
- Pro-active and a strong team player with the ability to interact well with staff at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to create clear, concise reports and present key findings in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and deliver to deadlines.
Closing date: 22nd October 2021
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Anna Davidson, Lead Computational Biologist, [email protected]