Solentim are Recruiting | Lab Technician, Wimborne UK, 37½ hours per week
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Providing support to lab-based scientific investigations and the biology team, by undertaking a range of important technical and preparatory tasks that are key to the smooth day-to-day running of the laboratory.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained and available at all times; assisting with purchasing of stock as needed.
- Performing a wide range of cell culture maintenance tasks, including banking and passaging.
- Performing lab maintenance activities, including cleaning equipment.
- Assisting the team with setting up and running experiments as directed.
- Helping to key departmental documentation, such as risk assessments, COSHH and other health & safety compliance items; SOPs and any other materials required.
- Analysing and reporting on data as part of the project validation process.
- Producing reports and presenting results as required.
Experience & Background:
- At least 1 year’s experience in a similar lab role, with experience in cell culture
- ‘A’ Level or equivalent in Biology/related Science subject
- Understanding of lab processes, procedures and requirements; with the ability to work in a safe and organised manner in accordance with lab operating procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to work in a methodical and organised manner and keep excellent, detailed records in the required format.
- Strong IT skills, including Excel and Word.
- High levels of self-organisation, with the ability to effectively manage and plan your own workload and use initiative to forward plan and prepare for upcoming activities.
- Ability to readily absorb sometimes complex bio-scientific concepts
- Pro-active and a strong team player with the ability to interact well with staff at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to create clear, concise reports and present key findings in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and deliver to deadlines.
Closing date: 15th July 2021
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Claire Richards, Head of Biological Sciences, [email protected]