Solentim are Recruiting | Mechanical Engineer, Wimborne, UK, Full-Time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Working in a project team environment as an individual contributor for new product development and/or sustaining engineering tasks. Completes large-scale and/or complex assignments by working independently with minimal technical supervision. Assignments are of a non-routine and non-repetitive nature. Results of work are used to provide new products for sale or to enhance the capabilities of currently released products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes detailed specifications, designs, calculations, analyses and simulations for major hardware components of a project. Develops high level and detailed architectures for product subsystems.
- Develops and utilizes advanced, alternate or non-standard tools and techniques to provide problem solutions when traditionally accepted methods are inadequate or do not apply.
- Oversees the fabrication and assembly of models and prototypes, providing technical direction to other assigned team members. Develops and implements product specific diagnostic and troubleshooting procedures to identify root causes for problems associated with prototype functionality and performance.
- Sets up and conducts non-standard or product-specific evaluation tests of prototypes. Records observations and data, analyzes and interprets results and prepares summary reports.
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies, processes and components in one or more areas of engineering expertise. Participates in evaluating the technical feasibility and benefits of incorporating recent developments into new and enhanced products.
- Prepares Engineering documentation inputs (i.e. drawings, schematics, Bills of Material, specifications, etc.) for Documentation Control. Reviews preliminary documentation packages for technical completeness and accuracy and provides technical direction to Documentation Control personnel during documentation preparation and release.
- Participates in Design and Drawing Reviews, serving as an independent reviewer of work being accomplished by other individuals and project teams.
- Coordinates regularly with team members from other organizations. Monitors progress of tasks on established project schedules and reports status to Project Manager or senior management.
- Interfaces regularly with external suppliers and customers to identify and evaluate new technologies, components and processes, or to troubleshoot problems with products.
- Participate in the development and maintenance project schedules, lead project team meetings, coordinate day-to-day project activities, develop contingency and recovery plans and provide project status reports for senior management.
- Completes other projects and tasks as assigned.
Experience & Background:
- Proven experience in conducting specification, design, prototyping and test activities on new or existing electromechanical laboratory instrumentation and consumables.
- Specific design experience in electronics packaging, sheet metal and non-metallic enclosures.
- Knowledgeable in materials selection and mechanical fabrication and assembly processes.
- Ability to prepare accurate and complete drawings, part specifications, bills of material, work instructions, engineering change orders, etc. using industry accepted drafting and documentation standards.
- Able to expeditiously complete projects from initial concept through production startup and to provide on-going support after release.
- Able to work effectively and productively in a project team environment or as an individual assigned to a project.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Detailed knowledge of personal computers for word processing, spreadsheets, modeling, simulations and analyses.
- Proven experience designing and documenting electromechanical products using Solidworks.
- Experience with PDMWorks preferable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to accurately record, analyze, interpret and summarize test data and observations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have sufficient dexterity to use a range of hand tools required to build and assemble models and prototypes.
Closing date: 11th February 2022
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Andy Board, [email protected]