Solentim are Recruiting | Production Supervisor (UK, Wimborne – onsite)
Solentim is the trusted global leader for solutions to create, isolate, and characterize the highest value cells for the development of new biological medicines, including cell and gene therapies, monoclonal antibodies, vaccines and stem cells. For our customers, which include most of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotherapeutics companies, we are the partner of choice for facilitating the highest level of assurance in cell line development for therapeutic protein and viral vector production.
As a result of continued growth, Solentim are looking to recruit a Production Supervisor.
- Manage day-to-day operations in terms of production and resources (labour and material) planning.
- Proactive management of production schedule. Ensure products are delivered on time and to specification, making the best use of resources.
- Lead and motivate the operational team and ensure staff are recruited, engaged, and trained to the agreed level of competence required.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and continuous improvement and work with other managers and staff to implement these.
- Use lean manufacturing techniques to actively identify improvement opportunities.
- Champion a “right first time” approach (emphasis on in-process quality control –to ensure adherence to build procedures and to identify and resolve quality issues in real time).
- Support with projects as required, for example rolling out new processes and design changes.
- Oversee Goods In and Despatch.
- Ensure Build Procedures are adhered to and up to date.
- Oversee Accessory, Demo, Service Orders, and Internal customer requisitions -ensuring all are fulfilled in line with specified KPIs.
- Run daily Production team meetings.
Working in a fast-paced environment we are looking for an individual with the following skills:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working within quality system driven environment (ISO:9000 or similar).
- Possessing good IT skills and experience in using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Outlook.
- Able to demonstrate high-level organisational skills, excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of 5S, 6 Sigma and GMP equivalent advantageous
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Strong planning and organising ability (of own workload and that of others).
- Financial awareness / budgetary control and information systems associated with manufacturing.
- Strong leadership ability with a proven track record in managing people, tasks, coaching, development training and experience in change management.
- Generate and share reports (including KPIS relating to team performance), mission-related objectives, and deadlines.
- Good knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Up to £40,000 per year depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days public/bank holidays.
- Flexible working scheme
- Automatic enrolment pension scheme
- Free Parking