Solentim are Recruiting | R&D Engineer (Electromechanical), Wimborne, UK, Full-Time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Supporting the Research & Development Engineering team at Solentim/Advanced Instruments. Mainly facilitating the research, design and deployment of new electromechanical and optical hardware, to embed within the current and future Solentim/Advanced Instruments’ product portfolio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Research Manager in championing the infrastructure roadmap for upcoming projects
- Plan and manage benchmarking tests for new prototypes
- Manage hardware development from research to production level
- Communicate results of the research and tests to the wider the R&D team
- Research, design and deploy novel hardware for rapid prototyping and evaluate performance w.r.t. key business objectives, introducing research prototypes and features into Solentim/Advanced Instruments’ portfolio of market leading instruments
- Willingness to act as a mentor for others in the team
- Individual will be continuously observant and have high attention to detail, with the ability to notice abnormalities in information.
- Ability to work in a methodical and organised manner and keep detailed records of all worked carried out.
- Strong IT skills, including Excel and Word.
- High levels of self-organisation, with the ability to effectively manage and plan your own workload and use initiative to forward plan and prepare for upcoming activities.
- Ability to readily absorb sometimes complex bioinformatic concepts.
- Pro-active and a strong team player with the ability to interact well with staff at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to create clear, concise reports and present key findings in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and deliver to deadlines.
Experience & Background:
- Previous experience developing and delivering robust hardware solutions, including the development of electro optics
- Deep knowledge of electromechanical engineering with 5+ years of practical industry experience
- Demonstrable industry experience of developing and delivering robust electro-optical based solutions within an R&D environment (preferably in biotech)
- Strong R&D engineering practices
- BEng or higher in Engineering related quantitative discipline, OR equivalent masters level work experience delivering R&D electro-optical solutions
- Experience of producing high quality reports and presentations.
- Bonus, although not mandatory, for having knowledge of biotech industry with focus on cell development practices and for experience applying R&D solutions to microscopical/biological challenges.
Closing date: 11th February 2022
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Jamie Pattison, [email protected]