Solentim are Recruiting | Scientist, Wimborne, UK (onsite), 37½ hours, Permanent
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
The individual chosen for the Scientist role will be working in a fast-paced laboratory environment, focused on cell- and assay-based technologies. The role will require an individual with strong scientific, and project management skill sets who is team orientated, able to work cross-functionally but also comfortable working independently. The individual should have experience in at least one of these areas; cell culture (CHO, HEK and iPSC cells), molecular biology (gene editing) and assay development (ELISA, fluorescence polarization etc.,). The individual will both lead and support a variety of cell- and assay-based scientific projects, act as a KOL and work in support of our R&D, manufacturing, quality and commercial organizations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting experimental design, performing designated project experiments and manage timelines.
- Support R&D, Product Management and Manufacturing as a KOL.
- Support junior members of the Application team by providing guidance on projects and experimental studies.
- Identify and help solve problems associated with product development, reagent, and technology validation.
- Lead the preparation of reports and presentations to communicate findings to a wider audience or approve those written by others in the group.
- Support the testing of instruments during the different phases of their development and generating validation data and reports.
- Employ careful aseptic technique and follow all laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) closely, keeping full and accurate details of procedures.
- Attend R&D project team meetings to provide support on new product development from an application
- Represent the company at conferences by presenting new data as well as to any customers when invited.
- Support training initiatives for old and new technology release to Sales, Distributors and our customers.
- Clearly communicating with stakeholders as well as with external audiences.
Experience & Background:
- Ideally educated to PhD or Masters level, with a Bachelors degree in a related discipline and practical lab experience gained through studies or work placement.
- Clear understanding of the scientific method and it’s uses in project development.
- Good understanding of statistical methods and application thereof.
- Experienced in one or more of the following techniques:
- Cell Culture (CHO, HEK)
- Cell Culture (Stem Cells)
- Molecular techniques (Gene editing)
- Assay development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and process-driven skills.
- Familiar with laboratory safety protocols and able to support daily/weekly laboratory maintenance.
- Able to present to both small and large audiences.
- Able to multi-task and work cross-functionally within the company.
- Excellent attention to detail and proficient in maintaining accurate written records.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment: computer, printer, copier, telephone, etc.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory biosafety hood, with instrumentation and understand and use all safety elements.
- Must be able to assess aesthetics of printed materials.
- Approximately 5% travel to prospects, customers, and trade events.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
Closing date: 21st January 2022
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Camilla Domeneghetti, Lab Manager, [email protected]