Solentim are Recruiting | Senior Management Accountant, Wimborne, UK, Full-time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Playing a key role in the production and analysis of financial information and reporting for the business; working closely with the Financial Controller to provide meaningful, commercially-driven information to aide decision making and the profitable running of the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Producing financial statements, including consolidated profit and loss accounts and balance sheets , variance analysis and supporting commentary
- Taking overall responsibility for the month end process, ensuring the smooth and timely completion across all subsidiaries; working closely with and providing support to the Assistant Management Accountant where needed.
- Driving and owning the month end process for our China and Ireland subsidiaries; proactively building own knowledge and understanding of the requirements and regulations applicable to these territories, and working with the team to develop their skills in these areas.
- Managing the consolidation of inter-company transactions, month end eliminations and recognising the right revenues and associated costs.
- Calculating, presenting and payment of VAT – for the UK and EU as well as Sales Tax for the US. Also maintaining a good understanding of China VAT.
- Preparation of monthly, departmental financial reports, working with department managers to understand variances to budget.
- Managing capital expenditure control.
- Ongoing review of multi-currency cashflows and preparing forecasts.
- Assisting with the production of annual budgets and periodic forecasting.
- Preparing submissions for Grants and the data required for annual R&D/Patentbox tax returns; controlling and managing ongoing reporting requirements.
- Preparing adhoc reports for senior management team
- Playing a key role in financial and corporate governance; helping to regularly review and update policies, procedures and risk management controls; monitoring and ensuring compliance across the business.
Experience & Background:
- Comprehensive, recent experience working as a Management Accountant within a multi-entity, multiple country business
- Fully-qualified CIMA accountant
- Strong understanding and practical experience of managing month-end close and producing management packs
- Ability to perform group consolidation
- Experience producing the accounts for foreign subsidiaries; understanding and dealing with different tax and regulatory requirements and consolidating the accounts
- Previous experience of preparing and submission of UK, EU and US sales tax and VAT
- Post-Brexit experience of handling EU VAT would be advantageous
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or similar stock holding environment desirable; with an understanding of stock tracking, managing and bill of materials
- Solid basic and up-to-date knowledge of financial, tax and VAT regulations and their practical application
- Experienced in using NetSuite or similar ERP management information system
- Experience working in a commercial organisation, working closely with business functions and department managers
- Working knowledge of R&D tax credits and reporting requirements advantageous
Closing date: 31st August 2021
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Catherine Petty, Financial Controller, email: [email protected] .