Solentim are Recruiting | Technical Fitter, Wimborne, UK, Full-time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
Focused on building specialized instruments for the biopharmaceutical industry, the role of Technical Fitter requires the accurate following of Build Procedures and Mechanical Drawings throughout the entire instrument build process to achieve a consistently high build quality. Also responsible for undertaking FQT/Commissioning of built instruments via documented processes and procedures to ensure successful PDI prior to shipping.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Competently performing a variety of electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies/sub-assemblies to exacting standards.
- Working in a compliant manner to ensure that products are built to the correct technical and quality specifications.
- Building Instruments and Accessories to required standards via controlled Build Procedures and Mechanical Drawings.
- Preparing, and commissioning PCS and instruments ready for final PDI prior to shipping.
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving of instrument faults encountered during FQT /Commissioning Process.
- Maintaining accurate build records and capturing required build data within build process documents including faults.
- Raising non-conformance issues through the correct channels in a timely manner.
- Participating in continual review and improvement processes for the business to identify best practice.
Experience & Background:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of ISO:9000 quality system requirements and compliance.
- Fully competent in using various hand tools and precision measurement tools (e.g. vernier callipers, gauges etc.)
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in using a variety of engineering equipment and the ability to interpret engineering drawings and apply instructions correctly to achieve required product quality.
- Ability to work to company standard operating procedures & work instructions.
- Possess a positive attitude towards modern manufacturing processes.
- Be focused towards working within a continuously improving lean production environment.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team to achieve production deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination and an eye for detail is essential.
- PC literacy is essential, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs - creating and producing documents, reports, emails, spreadsheets, forms, presentations, database applications, drawings and other graphical documents.
- Ability to use Computer Aided Design (CAD) software tools for design and analysis (electronics, mechanical, or software) desirable.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable mind-set
- Candidates must be willing to develop new skills and undertake training to be able to operate in a flexible manner to support the business needs.
- Knowledge of lean principles and process basics an advantage .
Closing date: 26th November 2021
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Zoe Cake, Production Manager, [email protected]