Solentim are Recruiting | Supply Chain Manager, Wimborne, UK, Full-Time
We are a global company with staff based in Europe, Asia and the USA. Our products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies all over the world. We are a fast growing, innovative organisation with a strong team of highly-skilled, talented individuals working together in a friendly, creative and fast-paced, environment – all striving to make a difference to the lives of patients.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all aspects of planning and managing the material flow to fulfill customer requirements, including purchasing, planning, supplier management and all inventories. It is a position that works closely and collaboratively with the Production Supervisor to ensure customer sales orders and internal orders are delivered on time and achieve or improve on the planned factory cost. This individual will be responsible for defining goals, coordinating supplier activities, delivering projects, managing budgets, resolving problems and ensuring strategies result in cost effective, on-time delivery of quality products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain effective supplier relationships to ensure robust supply with quality and cost-effective materials – including supplier business reviews, monitoring and rating systems, comprehensive selection processes, etc.
- Oversee of forecasts, creation of purchase orders, execution of internal work orders, and maintenance of schedules in accordance with approved procedures for the planning, purchasing, and distribution
- Manage supply chain initiatives in conjunction with the sales and manufacturing teams to drive aggressive growth
- Negotiate stock retention at Supplier in readiness for business requirement
- Track and monitor KPI targets as published for supplier on time delivery, quality and acknowledgement performance, taking corrective action when necessary
- Maintain supply plan in NetSuite to drive requirements to Purchasing and Production. Maintain static purchasing data within NetSuite (lead-times, payment and delivery terms, cross reference part numbers, approval and categorization status, inspection codes, price breaks, material routings).
- Negotiating contracts for the organization and implementing service level agreements with suppliers for best value, quality, price, and lead-time. Maximise spend efficiencies.
- Responsible for Stock Levels and introducing best practice on day-to-day stock control to include stock takes and cyclical inventory checks.
- Minimise risk to supply by negotiation of long-term agreements with key suppliers-
- Achieve and improve where possible on planned material cost and report reason and mitigating actions for any adverse variances (PPV).
- Design, implement and manage a supplier monitoring and development program in conjunction with QA. To include reviews to progress supplier objective plans and addressing shortfalls with regards to delivery or quality performance
- Manage and report on long lead-time and high risk (sole source) suppliers and take mitigating actions to reduce risk as appropriate.
- Communicate with suppliers open order status and progress purchase orders to ensure original / required promised delivery dates are kept on schedule.
- Report on material shortages for work orders and sales orders, purchase price variance (PPV) and lead-time status for all materials.
- Maintain positive, high-performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction, enhanced morale and individual employee development through team building, coaching, training, feedback / reviews and goal setting
- Implement robust process for NPD supplier and component selection in conjunction with QA requirements.
Experience & Background:
- Minimum of 3-5 years in supply chain, logistics, production planning, purchasing and inventory control
- Minimum 2 years continuous prior experience in manufacturing, supply chain management, or procurement related field in high tech or instrument electromechanical manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Logistics, Procurement, a related field or relevant employment experience
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Strong experience of managing a supply chain and working with all areas of the business
- Substantial knowledge and working experience with ERP/MRP/Kanban systems are required.
- Highly proficient in computer skills and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines while ensuring overall quality of work
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools, as well as a strong quality background advantageous
- Experience in regulated industries advantageous.
- Must be flexible, possess strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
Closing date: 4th February 2022
To apply: Please send your CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role and why you’d be perfect for it, to: [email protected]
For further information or an informal discussion: please contact the recruiting manager, Zoe Cake, Operations Director & Site Leader, [email protected]